Friday, August 6, 2010

History has been made in 2010

In 2010, this year has made history in the publishing industry. From NY to small press, to indie writers--ebooks has finally rose to the top! 

Everyday since February, I've watched with a close eye at how this phenomenal publishing world has evolved before our eyes. Wonderful doesn't come close to how I feel right now. Incredible is more like it! 

Won't be long till all NY goes POD/ebooks. Dorchester announced their move today and got on the band wagon with the rest of the small presses. Harlequin did so a long time ago. What does this mean for bookstores? Well, I think the answer is staring them in the face. (they shouldn't have dissed the indie/small press authors--now it's come back to bit them on them on the backside) 

I still say right now is the best time in the world to be a writer! For the first time in history, THE WRITER has full control of their own work. The choices are many and the avenues are wide open. 

Now, that I've skipped and cheered to this morning's news, I have some news of my own to announce-- The edits for IMPACT FOR MURDER are complete and yesterday I was privileged to see from my publisher what it'll look like on the inside. I'm thrilled and have spent more time yesterday and today dancing than I have in a long, long time! 

I love being a writer!
Happy Trails,
Cherri

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through the edits! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nate. I'll get you a copy! You're gonna love it--Callie Murphy has a heart of gold and is put to the test when a hurricane blows through their town. She's also thrown inside the head of a killer for reasons that'll leave you with permanent goose-bumps.

    ReplyDelete