Friday, October 29, 2010

NaNoWriMo Lift off

This Sunday night at midnight-01, will begin another NaNoWriMo marathon for the month of November! Yeah, I know, last year went miserably--BUT there's always hope on the horizon. This year, I'm prepared! Coffee, cool dogs, cool weather, and hot cocoa; my tools for a happy NaNo (I have such simple needs-LOL)


With the slate cleared, the office thoroughly dusted, and my CD's lined up, I have no excuses for making it all the way through this year. In 2008, I won--I can do it again! Now the only thing left to do is tie my internal editor up in pink duct tape. ^oo^ 


For anyone who isn't familiar with NaNoWri (National Novel Writing Month), it's all about literacy. Getting kids and adults both involved in writing a 50,000 word novel in a single month. There are all kinds of forums to be joined, for the social adept, or not. For the Houston area here, there are quite a few writing kick-off parties and gatherings...something to consider for those who wish to not go it alone. It's great fun and no matter what, we're ALL winners! 


Yay me, for being a participant for FOUR years straight!
Cherri

No comments:

Post a Comment