Monday, October 18, 2010

The Kleenex Box is My Friend

After spending this week in bed with the flu, I've adventured out to get on the computer for a few minutes. Wow, lots has been going on around me while I've sneezed, coughed, puked, and ran a heck of a fever. 

Still foggy and coughing but feeling a bit more human. What all this means is that my two-week writing treat turned into only one. BUT, I'm most grateful for that one week. Missed out on Writers' Night Out with D. Nathan Hilliard due to this mess, and hopefully by next weekend I won't be contagious to everyone I come in contact with. We'll see. 

NaNoWriMo is just on the horizon--and even though I failed miserably last year, I'm planning on trying again. Getting that WINNER'S award in 2008 was the best! That was the year I ground my butt to the chair and wrote IMPACT FOR MURDER. Which is available in print and ebook on Amazon. That was also the year Hurricane Ike blew through, which prompted the ideas for IMPACT FOR MURDER! Gotta tell ya--if ever there's going to be a favorite book of mine, it'll probably be that one...life really slammed into our house in September 2008 when a big honking tree landed on our roof with its big honking limb pushing through the French Doors and spreading itself out for 21 feet in the game room. Shewwww! Yeppers, memories were made that night! 

So if you'd like to know what it's like to live through a hurricane, buy my book! Of course, murder, mystery, and dogs carry the theme as well.

Back to bed I go (with fists full of tissues)--
Tomorrow the writing will commence. No matter what!

Cherri

2 comments:

  1. Just get better! Everything else will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nate. Haven't had anything knock me down so fast and hard since I can ever remember. Am beginning to feel a bit better, if only the cough would go away. And once my head clears out the soupy fog, I'll get back to writing.

    ReplyDelete