Saturday, March 12, 2011

Facing Facts and Changes

These last three months have been a bit tough. I spoke about Brie and losing her. Well, on March 1st, we lost our Yadar. I'm not able to share my grief with the world at what we're going through without my beautiful, handsome boy dog, but one day I will tell the world how incredible a life he lived. My sweet Yades was 15, and we knew the time was drawing near for him...but still. He was my protector, my friend, my pal, my happy-face, and my baby. I love him more than life and I can't believe he's no longer by my side. 

I'll get back on track once my heart heals and I'll start posting on a regular basis again. Until then, please understand. See, our dogs ARE our children, and even though I know I would most likely outlive them, it doesn't make it any easier.

Yadar Von Kleinen Zwinger; August 1996-March 2011. 

Soon, very soon, I'll be uploading "TRACKING PERCEPTION" which has a gorgeous cover, and some spiffy new updates throughout the novel. 

This is this author's preferred edition of "The Scent of Money" published in 2007. Without further ado, let me share the new cover, soon to be available on Kindle!
















Wishing everyone an exceptional weekend,
Cherri

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Cherri, I'm so sorry you've had such a tough time of it of late.

    I know Yadar and Brie will live on in your memory and in your books...

    The new cover of the "author's preferred edition" looks great! Good luck with the relaunch.

    Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cherri,
    I'm very sorry to read your sad news.
    Warm thoughts,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, Thank you. Time really is the greatest healer. Just getting through it is the hard part. I'm so proud of Yadar--you do know he's the one that's on the cover of "Impact for Murder"? (he's soooo handsome :>) )

    You like that, "author's preferred edition" huh? Scott leant it to me! He's a clever one!!

    Cherri
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, thank you for your warmth...so very appreciated. Some days are a touch more tender than others, but I know in my heart, they both will always be ... right there.

    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. Both dogs were wonderful pets and part of yoour special family. My thoughts are with you through this difficult time period.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, Yes, Brie and Yadar are two very special fur-kids and very much a part of our family. Your well wishes are heart taken and I thank you. Time...and everyday the sun is shining a little brighter. :>)

    Cherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've set up your blog! Great widgets and impressive labels! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Diana, Thank you for noticing. But all the credit goes to Ms. Vicki Tyley. She's the techie wizardesse who made this all look so easy and "balanced".

    Did you see your book in the widget at the bottom of the page???? :>)

    ReplyDelete